Your Title Text
Your Subtitle text
22 Essentials to Wellness

 Dictionary Definition of Wellness 

1.

the quality or state of being healthy in body and mind, esp. as the result of deliberate effort.

2.

an approach to healthcare that emphasizes preventing illness and prolonging life, as opposed to emphasizing treating diseases.

 

22 Wellness Essentials

 

 

  1. Start your wellness plan as a journey.
  2. Have a wellness coach or mentor.
  3. Ponder: How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were? - Satchel Paige
  4. Wellness is a head to toe, inside out process.
  5. Live today for a better tomorrow.
  6. Strengthen your body, mind and spirit.
  7. Movement is Life, lack of movement is that other thing! The body -- stretch it, bend it, move it.
  8. Strive for stress hardiness, not stress free.
  9. Let someone in front of you in line (small favors get returned).
  10. Take time out for yourself (even if it is a 10 minute power nap)
  11. Have a purpose bigger than yourself.
  12. Look for creative ways to do things differently than you have done them before (stimulation vs. boredom).
  13. Worship your body as if it is the only one you get (oops, it is!).
  14. Eat a rainbow diet (as natural as a rainbow, as colorful as a rainbow and lots of water)
  15. Almost always look for quality, not quantity.
  16. One person's stress is another person's exhilaration. One size does not fit all.
  17. Take responsibility for your health and wellness. A $10 co-pay never made anyone healthy.
  18. The best solutions for most depression is to exercise and to try and help someone else.
  19. Try to keep as many artificial chemicals out of your body and off your body.
  20. Be grateful and loving.
  21. 80% of the nervous system is in the head and controls the other 20%, what are you doing about it?
  22. Start your journey today, tomorrow never comes.

Note: This list is not complete, but is a good start. When in doubt, trust yourself -- you know the answers --- it is just doing it that is the difficult part.

 

Web Hosting Companies